LCHS MISSION
STATEMENT:
To conduct

its activities

in a manner which

serves to preserve

and perpetuate

the history

of Logan County

and its people.
The Logan County Historical Society was
founded in 1900 shortly after the Land Run
of 1889 which opened Indian Territory for
settlement. Guthrie was designated to be
the Territorial and First State Capital of
Oklahoma. It is the Logan County Seat
and a National Historic Landmark of major
significance.

LCHS provides vital restoration
and preservation information to those
wishing to own historic buildings and
through its programs, recognizes those
who value the importance of local history
and of the architecture in the county.

The historical significance of Logan County
is one of Oklahoma's finest traditions. It
colors the heartland with rich stories and
characters of the late nineteenth and early
twentieth centuries and is a recognized
model for the restoration and preservation
of our national treasures.
CALL:
405-282-6000
Ext 6

405-260-0170
THE PATTI LYNN DINER
CAMMACK STABLE
DeSTEIGUER BUILDING
OIL AND RED DIRT
MULHALL CHURCH
NATIONAL HISTORIC
LANDMARK
PLAQUE
Logan County Historical Society is a 501c (3) Non Profit Organization
PO Box 1512  /   Guthrie, OK 73044