GO BACK TO WPA
CRESCENT BUS GARAGE
GUTHRIE PUMP HOUSE
Over the years, many of the buildings sponsored
by the WPA have either been replaced, fallen into
disrepair or been otherwise destroyed. They join
many buildings built during the Land Run days
and early Statehood which have experienced
similar outcomes across Logan County. Many of
the sites lost were one room school houses that
were victims of school district consolidation.
This Pump House was a WPA
project built southwest of Guthrie.
It was used to pump water from the
lake to the water filtration plant. It
cost $47,605 including the pump.
The WPA approved work on this bus garage in Crescent in
July of 1938. $4,496 was allocated for the project. It was
located near the Crescent School and is among Logan
County's lost sites.